Save the World After School Club
Who better to meet the challenges of the future than... the future! The future is taking action today in our freeafter-school program. Dubbed “Save the World Club” by a 12 year-old founding member, this group of do-gooders is unstoppable. If it needs doing, they get it done.
Club achievements to date:
- Fencing, surveying, designing, tilling, planting, irrigating, cultivating, harvesting, processing, marketing, and preserving the new Lama Community Farm.
- Planting an orchard.
- Making 40 gallons of the worlds best pickles in one day
- Building an industrial size solar food dehydrator.
- Inventing and producing Heartfest. the annual harvest festival extravaganza.
- Volunteering weekends to proudly tend the vegetable stand at the Saturday and Sunday farmer’s market during summer vacation.
- Making a passive solar frost-free Yak water trough in finger numbing tundra-like conditions.
- Fabricating a giant solar death ray.
- Assembling a high-tunnel greenhouse.