LOCALOGY cultivates positive cultural transformation by connecting people to themselves, each other, the rest of the natural world, and our collective potential, through experiential learning, media, local food and energy production, travel, and collaboration.
1. Support and grow the Sangre de Cristo Youth Ranch
2. Expand access to media arts training and production
3. Cultivate food and energy security, economic prosperity, and stewardship of our ecological and cultural heritage through the relocalization of vital production systems
4. Offer youth enrichment travel programs
5. Create cooperative, interdisciplinary programs that fulfill our mission through partnership and a holistic systems approach
Goal 1: Support and grow the Sangre de Cristo Youth Ranch.
- Support and expand the SCYR residential ranch and wilderness summer camp program.
- Preserve and develop the ranch to support year-round programs and demonstrate progressive land management, small-scale agriculture, and sustainable technologies.
- Encourage symbiotic, low-impact enjoyment of the ranch by outside groups and individuals.
- Produce ranch-based experiential education programs year-round.
- Broaden SCYR’s role as an outdoor classroom for local schools.
Goal 2: Expand access to media arts training and production.
- Produce documentary and dramatic theater, film, video, radio, still photography, digital media, etc.
- Develop media mentorship programs for young people to unleash their inherent creative potential.
- Develop active experiential art programs.
Goal 3: Offer youth enrichment travel programs
- Create intrastate, interstate, and international travel programs that emphasize environmental education and preservation, outdoor challenge, anthropology and cultural awareness, arts, music and language exchange and study.
- Provide opportunities for service learning projects within host communities.
Goal 4: Cultivate food and energy security, economic prosperity, and stewardship of our ecological and cultural heritage through the re-localization of vital production systems.
- Reinvigorate local economies by working with policy makers, businesses, and customers to create new markets for local production.
- Inspire new producers, coordinate local production, and connect producers to resources.
- Develop innovative local food and energy production, storage, and distribution infrastructure.
Goal 5: Create cooperative, interdisciplinary programs that fulfill our mission through partnership and a holistic systems approach.
- Implement multifaceted programs that achieve multiple Localogy goals by interweaving projects within the organization.
- Partner with organizations and individuals to support existing programs and create new joint initiatives. Share staff, logistical, and programmatic resources with partners. Provide funding and develop funding sources for collaborative programs.
- Avoid duplication of effort and focus energy on results.